Finishing a story is difficult. It’s even more difficult to do well. It’s practically impossible to finish a trilogy well. I think Dust finishes the Silo trilogy quite well.
Dust is a surprisingly short book, given all the threads which need tying up and the mysteries which need explanations. Rather than concentrating on the main threads, it meanders quite a bit in a few places. About 80% though, it feels like there’s no way there’s room left to finish the story. I can’t help feeling there’s scope for so much more and that Howey either wanted to, or was encouraged to, bring it to a quick end. The threads all tie up, but there are just so many unanswered questions.
Having said that, it’s a difficult book to put down throughout and I enjoyed it to the end.
Dust is a surprisingly short book, given all the threads which need tying up and the mysteries which need explanations. Rather than concentrating on the main threads, it meanders quite a bit in a few places. About 80% though, it feels like there’s no way there’s room left to finish the story. I can’t help feeling there’s scope for so much more and that Howey either wanted to, or was encouraged to, bring it to a quick end. The threads all tie up, but there are just so many unanswered questions.
Having said that, it’s a difficult book to put down throughout and I enjoyed it to the end.

Comments
Post a Comment