The Machine Crusade is mostly another middle of the road science fiction story, like The Butlerian Jihad, however what saves it are moments of brilliance from time to time and the ending, which accelerates considerably and keeps you wanting more.
There are many characters, and I wish I’d made a note of who was who and where they came from and how they were related at the start. However, the characters are quite rich, making this a more enjoyable read.
This felt a bit more like a Frank Herbert story, as most of the characters were selfish, narcissists driven by power and wealth. The robots are more believable than before, but the story is starting to date when you consider it in the context of modern AI.
I’m pleased I read it. I’m looking forward to the third and final instalment. Let’s see where this goes.
Brian Herbert, Kevin J Anderson
ISBN-13 : 978-1848943414
There are many characters, and I wish I’d made a note of who was who and where they came from and how they were related at the start. However, the characters are quite rich, making this a more enjoyable read.
This felt a bit more like a Frank Herbert story, as most of the characters were selfish, narcissists driven by power and wealth. The robots are more believable than before, but the story is starting to date when you consider it in the context of modern AI.
I’m pleased I read it. I’m looking forward to the third and final instalment. Let’s see where this goes.
Brian Herbert, Kevin J Anderson
ISBN-13 : 978-1848943414
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment