When: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 10:00am to 4:45pm
Where: The King's Centre, King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PH
Price: £20.00/per person
This full-day workshop will introduce the concepts and practices of designing and delivering applications composed of independently executing micro-services.
By the end of the workshop, you will have developed a component of a larger application, using Docker at every step of the process from development and testing through to deployment in Amazon Web Services.
Steve Engledow is head of software delivery for Proxama's cloud platform which is composed of services developed in a variety of languages but with a strong leaning towards Python.
Intro: 1 hour
Micro-services - what, why, and how?
- What are micro-services?
- Why split applications up into micro-services?
- How to break an application into in(ter)dependent components
Workshop: 3 hours
Developing a micro-service using Docker
- Quick intro to Docker
- Using Docker in development
- Building containers for the full development cycle
- Using docker-compose to ease integration
Workshop: 2 hours
- Deploying a stack of micro-services into AWS
- Overview of AWS tools
- Using Docker with AWS
- Deploying and linking a stack of components.